Q. How do I get a student parking permit?
Parking permits are purchased online through the Student Self Service page, using the instructions below:
- Go to https://jefferson.kctcs.edu/, and click on Current Students at the top of the page.
- Click on My Path.
- Click on Student Self Service at the bottom of the page.
- Sign in with your KCTCS username and password.
- Click on the Student Center icon.
- Under My Account, click on the Account Inquiry link.
- Click on the Electronic Payments/Purchases tab.
- Click on the Purchase Items tab, enter 1 as the quantity for the parking permit, click Next, and follow the instructions to pay for your parking permit online. The cost is $25 per semester.
- Once your online payment is confirmed, you can pick up your parking pass on campus.
- On the Downtown Campus, go to the Cashier's Office on the first floor of the Jefferson Education Center.
- On the Technical Campus, go to Student Services in room 109 of Building B.
- On the Carrolton Campus, go to the Learning Commons in room A117.
- On the Southwest Campus, go to the Cashier's Office in the Student Center.
New this year, students wishing to park on campus in ADA accessible parking must apply for a Jefferson ADA accessible parking permit. To obtain a JCTC parking permit with an ADA accessible sticker, you will need to present a current state-issued disability credential (i.e. Disabled Placard Receipt) to the Bursar’s Office for verification.
To park in an ADA accessible space, a valid Jefferson ADA student parking permit AND a state-issued ADA parking permit or license plate must be displayed.
For more information about parking policies, click here.
- Thank you so much! I couldn't find this information anywhere! :-)
- Thanks for posting this! It is not easy information to find and waiting on hold for something like this is ridiculous. I still don't know how the passes are distributed though. Will they be mailed or do I have to pick them up?
Answer: Once you've paid online, you pick them up on campus:
On the Downtown Campus, go to the Cashier's Office on the first floor of the Jefferson Education Center.
On the Technical Campus, go to Student Services in room 109 of Building B.
On the Carrolton Campus, go to the Learning Commons in room A117 of the college.
Ask a Librarian: Chat, Email, Phone, and Text regular service hours are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Questions received Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will be answered on the next business day.
Asynchronous service will be offered from Monday, Dec. 10 through Thursday, Dec. 20. Messages will be picked up and responded to once per day.
Ask a Librarian services will not be available during the holiday break, Friday, Dec. 21 through Sunday, Jan. 6.
Asynchronous service will be offered Monday, January 7 – Thursday, January 10.
If this is an urgent library issue, please call 213-2154 for the DT campus or 213-7222 for the SW campus.
Ask Us! When you have questions, we have answers.