Q. How do I get a student parking permit?
- Go to https://jefferson.kctcs.edu/, click on the Student Self-Service link at the top of the page, and log in using your KCTCS username and password.
- Click on the Student Center icon.
- Under My Account, click on the Account Inquiry link.
- Click on the Electronic Payments/Purchases tab.
- Click on the Purchase Items tab, enter 1 as the quantity for the parking permit, click Next, and follow the instructions to pay for your parking permit online. The cost is $25 per semester.
- Once your online payment is confirmed, you can pick up your parking pass on campus.
New this year, students wishing to park on campus in ADA accessible parking must apply for a Jefferson ADA accessible parking permit. To obtain a JCTC parking permit with an ADA accessible sticker, you will need to present a current state-issued disability credential (i.e. Disabled Placard Receipt) to the Bursar’s Office for verification.
To park in an ADA accessible space, a valid Jefferson ADA student parking permit AND a state-issued ADA parking permit or license plate must be displayed.
For more information about parking policies, click here.
- Thank you so much! I couldn't find this information anywhere! :-)
- Thanks for posting this! It is not easy information to find and waiting on hold for something like this is ridiculous. I still don't know how the passes are distributed though. Will they be mailed or do I have to pick them up?
Answer: Once you've paid online, you pick them up on campus:
On the Downtown Campus, go to the Cashier's Office on the first floor of the Jefferson Education Center.
On the Technical Campus, go to Student Services in room 109 of Building B.
On the Carrolton Campus, go to the Learning Commons in room A117 of the college.
Ask a Librarian: Chat, Email, Phone, and Text services are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Ask Us! When you have questions, we have answers.
Ask a Librarian offers regular service hours during Spring Semester Finals Week: Monday, April 30 - Wednesday, May 2
Thursday, May 3 and Friday, May 4, Email service is available and questions will be reviewed and answered daily.