Q. How do I change my major?


*Changing your major can affect your financial aid and when you graduate. Please see an advisor before changing your major if you are how this will affect you.

  1. Go to jefferson.kctcs.edu and click on Current Students at the top of the page.
  2. Scroll down and click on My Path.
  3. Scroll down, click on Student Self-Service, and log in.
  4. Click on Academic Records.
  5. Under Select Program of Study, type in your major and click on the search icon.
  6. Select the major you want to change to and click the Continue button.

For financial aid purposes, the Advising Center recommends making the following changes. If you are unsure, please see an advisor before making changes.

Current Major

Change To:


Associate in Arts

Human Services (pending)

Associate in Arts

Culinary Arts (pending)

Associate in Arts

Practical Nursing (pending)

Health Science Technology

Registered Nursing (pending)

Associate in Arts

All pending allied health majors

Health Science Technology

  • Last Updated Aug 14, 2018
  • Views 0
  • Answered By Jennifer Jeffers

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us

Ask a Librarian: Chat, Email, Phone, and Text regular service hours are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. 

Questions received  Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will be answered on the next business day. 

If this is an urgent library issue, please call 213-2154 for the DT campus or 213-7222 for the SW campus.

Ask Us! When you have questions, we have answers. 


Phone us: 502-213-2311
Email us
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.