Q. How do I attach a file in an email?
- Starting from the email to be sent (new email, reply, forward).
- Click the “Attach” button, often depicted as a paperclip.
- Find the file to be attached; if it is on a thumb drive, start by scrolling the left column of the file explorer down to see “This PC”. Click there and select the thumb drive.
- Select the file and click “Open”.
- Wait for the file to be attached. Then, send the email as usual.
Ask a Librarian: Chat, Email, Phone, and Text regular service hours are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Questions received Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will be answered on the next business day.
Asynchronous service will be offered from Monday, Dec. 10 through Thursday, Dec. 20. Messages will be picked up and responded to once per day.
Ask a Librarian services will not be available during the holiday break, Friday, Dec. 21 through Sunday, Jan. 6.
Asynchronous service will be offered Monday, January 7 – Thursday, January 10.
If this is an urgent library issue, please call 213-2154 for the DT campus or 213-7222 for the SW campus.
Ask Us! When you have questions, we have answers.