Q. How do I attach a file in an email?
- Starting from the email to be sent (new email, reply, forward).
- Click the “Attach” button, often depicted as a paperclip.
- Find the file to be attached; if it is on a thumb drive, start by scrolling the left column of the file explorer down to see “This PC”. Click there and select the thumb drive.
- Select the file and click “Open”.
- Wait for the file to be attached. Then, send the email as usual.
Ask a Librarian: Chat, Email, Phone, and Text service hours for the Fall Semester are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Questions received Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will be answered on the next business day.
If this is an urgent library issue, please call 213-2154 for the DT campus or 213-7222 for the SW campus.
Ask Us! When you have questions, we have answers.